James Maddison thanks Leicester fans after winning the ePremier League invitational as star displays his wild hair during coronavirus lockdown
- James Maddison claimed ePremier League invitational victory on Saturday
- The Leicester midfielder earned a 5-1 win over Sheffield United’s John Egan
- The 23-year-old treated fans to a celebratory Instagram post after the FIFA final
- The tournament prize fund will be donated to the NHS through #PlayersTogether
- Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19
James Maddison put his untamed lockdown hairstyle on display as he thanked Leicester fans on Instagram after winning the ePremier League invitational on Saturday.
James Maddison displayed his wild lockdown hair while celebrating his ePL invitational win
The Premier League posted a tweet to crown Maddison champion of the FIFA tournament
To conclude a two-and-a-half week tournament in which players and celebrity fans represented top flight clubs, Maddison was crowned champion after a 5-1 demolition of Egan.
The prize fund from the competition will be donated to the #PlayersTogether initiative in support of the NHS during the coronavirus pandemic.
In a celebratory Instagram post, Maddison said: ‘Hello everyone, hello Leicester fans, it’s your ePremier League invitational winner.
‘(I’ve been) trying to make amends for Wilfried Ndidi’s in the last tournament, and thankfully I did that. No worries Wilf.
‘I really enjoyed that one. Thank you for the support and fan engagement and I hope to see you all again very soon.’
Maddison celebrates after scoring with his own virtual player against a dejected John Egan