Euro 2020 qualifying, RESULTS- Sergio Ramos fires Spain past Norway and Italy overcome Finland with ease
- Jeff Hendrick scored second international goal to put Republic of Ireland ahead
- Mick McCarthy’s side overcame Gibraltar in horrendously gusty conditions
- Spain took lead through early Rodrigo goal against Norway at the Mestalla
- Joshua King then converted penalty to bring his side level against run of play
- Sergio Ramos then scored penalty of his own, chipping nonchalantly home
- Italy went one up over Finland with Barella’s deflected strike from long range
- Moise Kean then converted Ciro Immobile’s ball to put the Italians in full control
Spain and Italy launched their Euro 2020 qualifying campaigns with relatively routine victories.
La Roja showed incredible profligacy in front of goal against Norway but eventually found a way to win after Sergio Ramos chipped his Panenka penalty down the middle.
Joshua King’s spot kick had cancelled out Rodrigo’s opener but it was the Real Madrid defender and skipper who had the final say.
Roberto Mancini’s side coasted past Finland as Nicolo Barella’s thumping strike deflected in and then Moise Kean added a second after the break.
Earlier in the day Mick McCarthy’s Republic of Ireland squeezed past Gibraltar 1-0 in blustery conditions.
Scroll through Sportsmail’s live feed of the action to see how it all unfolded.