Italy 0-0 Portugal, RESULT – Nations League scores including Albania 0-4 Scotland and Romania 3-0 Lithuania
- Ryan Fraser opened scoring for Scotland with excellent finish in 14th minute
- Steven Fletcher scored in first half stoppage time from the penalty box
- James Forrest scored his first international goals with a second half brace
- Scotland now face must-win clash with Israel to earn promotion to League B
- Portugal draw in Italy means they advance to semi-finals next summer as hosts
A point is all that is required for Fernando Santos’ side against the Azzurri to progress to the next stage of the competition.
Roberto Mancini’s men will be keen to avenge their 1-0 defeat in Portugal in September and the former Manchester City boss continues to rebuild.
Sandro Tonali, who has been labellled ‘the new Pirlo’ in some quarters, is in the squad for the first time along with Vincenzo Grifo and Stefano Sensi.
Elsewhere, a depleted Scotland side take on Albania after nine players dropped out. If Alex McLeish’s side pick up anything from their trip to Loro Borici then they’ll avoid relegation to the bottom tier of European football.
Follow all the action with Sportsmail’s DAN RIPLEY with live updates throughout the games.