Holland 2-3 Czech Republic Euro 2016 qualifier RESULT: Plus updates from Turkey, Wales and the rest of Europe
- Holland crash out of Euro 2016 in the qualifying stage after home defeat
- Dutch needed to beat Czech Republic and rely on Turkey to lose
- Turkey qualified as best third placed team after beating Iceland
- Italy and Wales were also in UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying action from 7.45pm
- Euro 2016: Latest qualifier news, fixtures and schedule updates
Holland crashed out of Euro 2016 qualifying courtesy of a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Czech Republic, failing to qualify for a major tournament for the first time since 2002.
Danny Blind’s side had to win to progress and needed Turkey to lose against Iceland. However Pavel Kaderabek and Josef Sural scored for the away side to stun the Amsterdam Arena, before Marek Suchy was shown a red card for the Czechs ahead of the interval.
Follow Sportsmail’s coverage of the Euro 2016 qualifiers as Holland attempt to keep their qualifying hopes alive when they host Czech Republic in Amsterdam.
A stuttering campaign leaves Danny Blind’s team on the brink of a shock elimination in the qualifiers as they must win against their already qualified opponents to have any chance of reaching the play-offs.
Elsewhere they also need group rivals Turkey to lose at home against group leaders Iceland, with the hosts also still in with a shout of qualifying automatically as the best third placed team.
It’s the final night of group stage European qualifiers and Sportsmail will have the latest from all round Europe including games involving Wales and Italy.