Chelsea still trying to get Emerson and Malang Sarr out on loan to Portugal – whose deadline isn’t until tonight – as they face huge number of outcasts still at Stamford Bridge like Victor Moses and Danny Drinkwater
- Chelsea were eager to get rid of their deadwood during transfer deadline day
- But while the window has closed for closed in England, it’s still open elsewhere
- The Portuguese transfer window doesn’t close until Tuesday and Porto are active
- Malang Sarr could move on loan to Porto, while they have considered Emerson
- Sarr is one for the future at the Blues but Emerson’s days appear to be numbered
Chelsea could offload both defenders Malang Sarr and Emerson on loan to Porto on Tuesday as they desperately seek to cut down their squad.
While the transfer window has closed across most of Europe, Portugal’s remains open and Porto are certainly active in the market before Tuesday night’s deadline.
And Porto could seal a loan move for centre back Sarr – who joined the Blues on a five-year deal this summer following the completion of his free transfer from Nice – on Tuesday.
Malang Sarr joined Chelsea this summer on a free transfer but could move to Porto on loan
Chelsea are also looking to shift on Emerson, who has also attracted interest from Porto
The Portuguese giants have also considered a loan move for left back Emerson, who has fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge, but that deal is less likely to happen.
Porto are seeking a new left back after selling Alex Telles to Chelsea’s Premier League rivals Manchester United in a £15.4million deal.
The Blues were scrambling to get rid of their deadwood during deadline day on Monday, with plenty of players having fallen out of favour under Frank Lampard.
More to follow…