- The Galaxy are back in action with a tight turnaround as they play their second game in four days, this time against the Portland Timbers at Providence Park as Guillermo Barros Schelotto makes one change the starting lineup: Carlos Harvey makes his debut start with the club.
- U.S. keeper Jonathan Klinsmann makes his fourth start with the LA Galaxy during Wednesday’s game. Klinsmann has looked confident in net since GBS game him the starting nod.
- Venezuelan right back Rolf Feltscher makes his second-straight start since returning from international duty. He has made 12 starts this year and tallied two assists.
- In the middle is Daniel Steres, who has started every match since returning from Orlando. The LA Galaxy II product has started in all but two games this year.
- Returning to the XI is Nick DePuy, the 2019 LA Galaxy II Defender of the Year. DePuy began the last two matches from the bench, but has made 14 previous starts this year.
- On the left is Emiliano Insua, one of two players to start every match this year for LA. Insua has been a bright newcomer in MLS and quietly been a strong piece along LA’s backline.
- On the right side of midfield is Julian Araujo, who has become a first-choice starter this season whether at right back or right midfield.
- Making his debut start for the LA Galaxy is Panamanian midfielder Carlos Harvey, who signed with the club on loan from LA Galaxy II this season and has seen increased playing time in recent weeks. The 20 year old made his debut with Panama last year vs. the USMNT.
- Alongside Harvey is MLS vet Perry Kitchen, who returns to the lineup after serving a one-game suspension due to yellow card accumulation. Kitchen has been called into the starting lineup 15 times this year.
- On the left is the talented playmaker Cristian Pavon, who has excelled during his time in MLS on loan from Boca Junior. Pavon has 10 goals and 15 assists with the club.
- Up top is Yony Gonzalez, who makes his fourth start and his third as the lone striker. Gonzalez will look to go the full 90 after having both of his previous two starts cut short – one to injury and one to substitution after LA were reduced to 10 men.
- All time, the LA Galaxy are 10-9-6 against the Portland Timbers.
- LA are 3-5-3 all time at Providence Park.
- The Galaxy are 4-2-1 when scoring first this year and 1-8-1 when conceding first.
- Cristian Pavon leads LA in goals (7) and assists (7) this season.
- The Galaxy have three regular season games remaining following Wednesday’s contest vs. Portland:
- 11/1 vs. RSL
- 11/4 vs. SEA
- 11/8 at VAN
- Can the Galaxy pick up a crucial result in the fight for a playoff spot?
- How will Carlos Harvey fare in the midfield?
- What impact will Yony Gonzalez have as the lone striker?
- Can Pavon get back on the scoresheet for LA?
Don’t Go Breaking My Heart Lyrics – Elton John and Kiki Dee (1976)
Don’t go breaking my heart
I couldn’t if I tried
Oh, honey if I get restless